Stan wants to change the podcast to “Gum Dudes”. We’re not sure if he means the chewing stuff, or geezers without teeth. Chicklet?
What did we do with guns this week
- Carl finally got the 5.7 reloader setup working (thanks to all those who sent in brass!)
- Off the air: Joe’s wife couldn’t decide whether she wanted a Glock 19 or a Glock 26 — for Joe bought one of each
- Stan’s going shoot his Longbow today, and loaded up some .308
- Jason Christensen bought over a “bag of Sig” parts, and Tommy had a heyday — no he has a gun without a grip and main spring
- Ft. Knox Safes: It’s security — in a box
- Crusader Weaponry: The training, the slipstream, the armorer — they’ve got it all
- Concealment Solutions: It’s got a freakin’ snake on the front of it!
- Lone Wolf Distributors:accessories for your Glock
- CRKT Knives
- Arms of America
- Beacon Brass
- Jim in SC sends in: Paraplegic man kills armed home intruder with .357 revolver
- Homeowner shoots naked intruder — not “naked”, “nekkid”
- Robber breaks into home and steals — wait for it — her “adult oriented toys”
- This week, Tommy wanted to talk a bit more about training. So we decided to rehash some of last weeks topic of training.
- A concealed firearm permit is ”license to learn” and does not in any way prepare you for the situations that you may find yourself in where appropriate and lawful use of deadly force may be justified.
- The permit itself isn’t the end, it’s the beginning. Training is the next logical step to help ready you for the situations that you hope will never happened.
- You need to know how to do it, you need to know where the exits are. You need to have your “creep sensor” on so you’re aware of the people that might be a threat.
- Understand your skills and capabilities — know whether you’re an asset, or a liability.
- Instead of buying another new gun, get some training with your old one. Training would be the better choice.
- Joe from Kansas asks if we’ve ever been turned away from a certain kind of gun because of a bad experience with that brand
- Dave has been listening to our back-episodes and was shocked with the Burger King bashing in episode 115 and wanted to know why
- Paul from Wisconsin says hes’s recently listened to all our episodes (the poor man!)
- Dave says keeping in mind that two is one and one is none, where and how do you carry your extra magazines
- Phillip says we make a great team, and there is no “i” in “team” — unless Carl spells it. He finally followed our advice and took someone shooting — his 8-year-old — after spending a week in the garage with an airsoft. He had to recite the 4-rules before we could go and was so proud to go back and show his mom and sisters his targets.
- Ed helped us reminisce about SHOT Show
- Michael just listened to 15 episodoes
- I tried tapping that mother-grabber. — Tommy
- Ahhh. — Stan
- I’m going to start calling Jason “Goose” from now on. When he calls I’ll say “Talk to me, Goose”. – Carl
- If you’re going to buy a gun, now’s the time to get one. – Stan
- You mean Heidi doesn’t know about Holly?! — Carl
- It’s called “Face Book”… I don’t even get the name. — Tommy
- I don’t have gray hair — just on my chest. — Carl
- I actually liked it when I didn’t have any body hair — you know, last year. — Tommy
- Is that 3 of 7? — Stan
- That’s what happens when you start losing blood. — Carl
- You don’t have to buy larger pants [to carry inside the waistband], you just have to loose weight. — Tommy
- Bacon cures everything. — Stan
Videos, Movies, and Music we mentioned (or slaughtered):
- Top Gun
- ¡Three Amigos!
- Ghost Busters
- Groundhog Day
- The Jerk
- The Red Green Show
- Strange Brew
- Born in East L.A.
- Spoonman by Soundgarden
- Still Alive, Skull Crusher Mountain by Johnathan Coulton
- Red Shirts song: