“Welcome to eEisode 222 of your weekly GunDudes radio show…” “podcast…” “oh…” “you did it wrong…” “fire me.”
President Obama was re-elected, so you’re stuck with the GunDudes for another four years.
What we did with guns this week
- Jason broke in his slip-streamed AR, a Sig M400.
- Mark did some hunting… with his falcon.
- Carl didn’t go shooting because “a blizzard came in”.
- Ft. Knox Safes: If you’re worried about safety, get a safe. If you’re going to get a safe get the best one in the industry!
- Concealment Solutions: They’re sweet lookin’!
- Crusader Weaponry: You can find training anywhere, but to find a really good teacher give Crusader Weaponry a call.
- Lone Wolf Distributors: They’ll take care of you. Get your spare Glock parts: they should be part of your Zombie Kit.
- Beacon Brass
- Arms of America
- CRKT Knives
Guns in the News
- A 69 year-old Modesto, California homeowner shoots intruders in the arm and in the buttocks with his .38-caliber handgun.
- A 35 year-old Taos, New Mexico woman shoots and killed a man who followed her home, forced his way inside, and told her to take off her clothes at knife-point.
- Joe in New York (who has been without power due to Hurricane Sandy) sent in a story about Mayor Bloomberg turning away the National Guard — because they carry guns. “The only people we want carrying guns are New York City Police officers.”
- Pocket pistols: why on earth would you want a small, under-powered gun?!
- BUG guns?! That stands for “back up gun”, they’re not for swatting flies or smacking mosquitoes.
- If you carry a gun in your pocket you NEED to clean it. It gets filthy! Even if it’s in a holster, you NEED to clean it.
- Marc sent in a picture of choking a unicorn.
- Oscar(?) thanked us for the show and bought his first handgun in March (an XD9) and just bought his first AR-15, an M&P.
- Senator Dianne Feinstein, in a meeting with the BATFE on Halloween Day, voiced her intent to begin drafting a new “Assault Weapon’s Ban”.
- President Obama, just hours after the election, moved to reopen negotiations on the U.N.’s Small Arms treaty.
- If you’re not a member of the NRA, go join right now.
- If you’re already a member of the NRA, go sign up three people. Buy an associate or gift membership for three people.
- We need to TRIPLE the size of the NRA now. 12 million people are harder to ignore than 3 million.
- Take someone shooting.
Memorable quotes in this episode
- “He mentioned that he was bringing snacks, so that’s why I’m here.” – Jason
- “That was apparently a transgendered hawk.” – Mark
- “I am just geekin’ out! I know a guy who trained with the guy who owned Lady Hawke.” – Carl
- “Movies just lie to us!” – Carl
- “It would be cool to turn into a chick: Michelle Pfeiffer.” – Carl
- “I can’t get into a car yet.” – Carl
- “Kinda like a fat guy peeling an orange.” – Jason
- “Who else can we piss off?” – Mark
- “Just getting dressed one-handed is hard.” – Carl
- “Well I know you struggled with that before the injury.” – Jason
- “If I’m upgraded from ‘red shirt’ status to a full-fledged ‘GunDude’ will I not have to come here as often?” – Jason
- “What is on your thigh!?” – Carl
- “I like cheese.” – Jason
- “All bets are off with cargo pants.” – Mark
- “I do not have gigantic hands like some of the other GunDudes have.” – Mark
- “Oh gosh! You can’t even use those two in the same sentence!” – Mark
- “If you are carrying a gun in your pocket it should be in a holster and nothing else in that pocket.” – Jason
- “There’s another segment?!” – Mark (or was it Jason?)
- “Did you just say ‘whip your ferret out of your pocket’?!” – Jason