In today’s episode Tommy and Steve Koski get together while Carl recovers from some namby pamby shoulder surgery and was “too messed up” to participate in the podcast. Whatever.
What we did with guns this week
- Steve shot a USPSA match using a bunch of his “scrounged” ammo that he picked up at his nationals, took apart, and put back together. Ghetto you say? Yes, yes it is.
- Tommy’s wife picked up a book about the Seals take-down of Bin Ladin. He did a bunch of dry-firing with his Sig.
- Kevin writes in with questions about a sling solution. He also mentions the book American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History.
- Michael Ryan writes in about reloading with lead bullets to save money (versus plated or jacketed projectiles) — and “possibly” hearing back from us.
- “Unknown author” writes in (is this you, Marc?!) about a custom holsters from Jason at Concealment Solutions and how adding some baby powder is a magic “squeak away”. There are no kangaroos in Austria, but apparently there are statues of unicorns that you can strangle.
- Jason writes in asking about a lever-action rifle for home-defense… and he lives in Carl, Kentucky — which we suspect is close to Tommy, Nebraska.
- Chris from “Poe-Kip-See” writes in about the “right” number of handguns for daily carry and questions on selling guns.
- Michael is looking for a .308 rifle and wants our advice.
- Jay writes in about the Mag Pul stuff.
- Alex wrote in about reloading load-data.
- Sid writes in about the 22 TCM round.
- Kyle Bacon writes in, wanting to know how tall Carl is… and asking our advice on an AR trigger kit.
- Ft. Knox Gun Safes: check out and build your own safe!
- Concealment Solutions: You need a holster? Here’s your guy!
- Crusader Weaponry: For your custom arms needs!
- Lone Wolf Dist.
- CRKT Knives
- Beacon Brass
Awesome quotes from this episode
- “Hello and welcome to your weekly episode of… oh shoot, I already messed it up!” – Steve
- “70% of women shoot people when they get raped.” – Tommy
- “And then I went and shot a few of the weird ones.” – Steve
- “I was doin’ it with the Sig.” – Tommy
- “Those guys were just briefed and trained to the hilt!” – Steve
- “This thing’s not really going over so well for Obama.” – Tommy
- “Lick an aspirin, Tom!” – Steve
- “I’m going to dip my arm in a protein shake.” – Tommy
- “If I don’t love it then it’s gone!” – Steve
- “Yeah, they’re great — if you shoot the guy 10 times.” – Tommy
- “Till his finger doesn’t work anymore!” – Steve
- “Yeah, it’s gunna be on the trash heap of history!” – Steve