What we did with guns
- Stan went shooting (he had to bum ammo off Carl, and is going to reload some ammo using Carl’s Dillon press). MAG40 is coming up this week. A GSSF competition is also coming up this week. He also mentioned that Joe (our web guy) updated the GunDudes website with brand-new, fancy-schmancy sponsor images.
- Jason Christensen went shooting, and shot his AR-7 for the first time. “Yeah, it’s a cool little rifle.” He also got a nice mention in this month’s American Handgunner Magazine written by Massad Ayoob about how he’d carried the gun he was reviewing in a Black Mamba holster made by “Jason Christensen of Concealment Solutions” (they forgot to mention that Joe was the one who pointed that out to Jason in the first place).
- Tommy loaded 1,300 rounds of 9mm on his Lee press and worked out with his shot timer in the back of his delivery vehicle. But not at the same time.
- Carl decided that Gail is going to kick his butt.
- Joe (the web guy) and his wife took two friends to the Gun Show. He bought a new optic for his wife’s AR-15, a pistol fore-grip that doubles into a bi-pod, and a quad-rail system. He also bought half-a-dozen mags for his carry gun (and a 33-round mag, too). Joe met Zach Hill from Crusader Weaponry and Steven Ting from UtahGunOwners.com. Their friends missed the CFP class, but bought their first gun ever at the show. He also shot a video about how you can make a “Prepper Sun in a Jar” light for under $5 (it’s not gun related, but it’s fun!).
- On this week’s episode, Jason Christensen, from Concealment Solutions, joins us for our laser and light show.
- Ft. Knox Safes: Quality metal. Quality safes.
- Concealment Solutions Holsters: If you’re looking for a great holster (IWB, OWB, or even something made “special” for you), this is your one-stop shop!
- Lone Wolf Distributors: Get your Glock-compatible stuff here, including all your backup parts!
- Crusader Weaponry: Get your AR-10 lowers now, while you still can.
- Arms of America
- Beacon Brass
- CRKT Knives: I got my blade on!
Guns in the news
- Phil sent in a story: “possible road rage ends in fatal shooting”. A 23-year old woman with a (concealed firearm permit) shot and killed a man who reportedly attacked her over a minor fender-bender.
- Kevin sent in a story about a mother and daughter who pinned a burglar to floor and held him at gun-point until the police arrived. The gun? It was a pink one.
- Mark sent in a story about a 10-year old who shot a man who was attacking his mom with his BB-gun.
- The “Unnamed Trucker” sent in a story about two Chicago Police Horses that were injured after vandals broke into their stables. It’s funny if you’ve been listening to the show. Apparently Carl hates horses.
- James M. wrote in that he’s been catching up on a backlog of episodes and enjoys our “irreverence” except when it comes to firearms safety. He wants to know how he can teach firearm safety to adults. Might we recommend “public shaming”?
- Mike wrote in about going to the IDPA match and wanting to refer to Steve Koski as “Steve ’6-toilets’ Koski” or “IBS Koski”.
- Joe in New York schools Carl on what C.E.R.T really stands for. Civilian Emergency Response Team, Community Emergency Response Training, Carl’s Emergency Response Technique, … whuteva.
- Marc writes in to radio (at) gundudes.com, making fun of our dyslexia, and brings up our recent episode on first-aid on someone that you just shot in self-defense. He brings up the point that you shouldn’t get that close to someone that just tried to kill you, they probably still want to kill you especially after you just shot them. Good points.
- Duane in Oklahoma Oklahoma Oklahoma writes in about his Sig P220 in .45 ACP and is interested in the SRT (short reset trigger), and whether or not he should add it to his carry weapon. Since this mod is a factory mod and doesn’t change the weight, only the travel distance, it should be just fine. Ask your lawyer if he/she feels the same way.
- TJ writes in complimenting Jason and his amazing customer service about a custom belt he ordered and got in a ridiculously short amount of time. Kudos, Jason!
- Jim H. writes in about the “ne-ne” is a highly endangered goose from Hawaii. Shooting the “ne-ne” could land you in jail.
Calls to action
- Join the NRA — if you’ve already joined the NRA, consider the Second Amendment Foundation
- Get your AR-10 lowers now, while you still can – Crusader Weaponry can set you up
- Register to vote — make sure everyone you know is voting for anyone other than Obama
- Listen to the other shows on the GRRN and other shows
- Remember the four rules of firearm safety — all the time
- Make sure you click the links so our sponsors know you found them through our website — supporting them supports us