- This week we get with our red shirts to talk about the Idaho I.D.P.A. State match.
What we did with guns this week
- Steven shot the Idaho IDPA match
- Evan did some dry practice
- Travis ordered a new gun, an XD(M) in 9mm
- Carl got a Crimson Trace Light Guard for his TRP 1911, and a holster from Concealment solutions to carry it in. He also learned the super secret anti-creaking (you’ll have to listen to the podcast to find out how to do that on your holster).
- Tommy went to the Idaho match, his wife got a Smith and Wesson, he got a shot timer, visited his friends pawn shop and picked up a shotgun, he got some other stuff and… holy crap, Tom, you’ve got to talk slower!
- Ft. Knox Safes: These are not just safe’s they’re the CTSV Wagon of the safe industry. 560-hp in a safe, you can’t find this anywhere else, folks!
- Concealment Solutions Holsters: He’ll make your holster dreams come true! 10% of you use “GUNDUDES” when you order.
- Lone Wolf Distributors: Get all the fancy Glock parts.
- Crusader Weaponry: For all your gunsmithing and customizing needs — and training, too!
- Arms of America: Get what you need.
- Beacon Brass: Shining up your brass.
- CRKT Knives: Sharp!
Guns in the news
- Jason sent in a story about an 68-year-old Ohio woman who chased off an attacker with a .22-Derringer
- Disabled Oklahoma homeowner shoots and kills one of three women who broke into his home.
- 18-year-old Florida man ignores all four rules of firearm safety and shoots himself in his, erm… “private parts”.
- Geoff talked with Stan about ditching his Vortex Strikefire and go with an Aimpoint Micro T1.
- Brian sucks up to the red shirts then has a match question about reloading and muzzle angle. He also comments on the GSSF matches.
- Aaron says that, as an ER Nurse, make sure you know where the fire extinguishers are in your “Gun Free Zones“. You can spray the bad guy in the face, or use it as a club.
- TJ writes in with a question about carrying a gun to protect against “hawgs” and if a GLock 26 will do.
- Rory writes in about having just finished listening to every episode of GunDudes. Wow.
- Richard writes in from Bentonville, Arkansas and watching their guns being made.
- “Please no name on this one” writes in about ankle holsters and how he/she thinks they’re very concealable.
- Auggie wrote in about skunks. Live traps. Tie the trap to a tree with about 25-feet of line on it… then drag the trap into your “aquatic disposal area”.
Calls to action
- Join the NRA
- Remember the four rules of firearm safety — all the time
- Listen to the other shows on the GRRN (someone snuck a GunDudes reference into Tom Gresham’s show. Win!) and other shows.
- If you want to support us, please support our fine sponsors. Drop our name when you buy stuff from them so they know that GunDudes sent ya.
- Register to vote
- Take someone shooting