This week we invite Steve Koski back to talk about installing new sights on pistols (we use Glock for this example).
What we did with guns this week:
- Steve went shooting, and bought a bunch of stuff from Lone Wolf. Dist.
- Tom and Steve are working on an Idaho IDPA match.
- Carl came up with a bunch of “Public Service Announcements” for the show.
- Stan and Carl worked on the MAG40 drills.
- Tommy loaded a bunch of 9mm rounds and bought a new holster.
- Ft. Knox Safes: They can take anything you can dish out.
- Concealment Solutions: inside the waistband? Outside the waist band? Jason’s got you covered!
- Lone Wolf Dist.: Stuff for your Glock!
- Beacon Brass: For all of your brass needs.
- Arms of America: AK parts, part kits, accessories.
- CRKT Knives: they know better than to bite the hands that feed them.
- Crusader Weaponry: Home of the Stanbow.
- Auggie “Smith” sent in a story about an armed bystander (with Concealed Handgun License) who stopped a stabbing outside a San Antonio, Texas school.
- “Stop! Stop! Stop! (bang bang bang!)”
- Steve J. sends in a story about a woman in Detroit, Michigan who was being car-jacked. The armed car-jackers didn’t know that she held a valid concealed carry permit, and returned fire — causing the car-jackers to flee.
- Glen sends in a story about a man who decided to test some bulletproof glass — by shooting at it with his shotgun.
- Cool stuff that you can do with your Glock’s stock sights.
- Doug emailed in, says he got half-way through episode 207 about training requirements and concealed carry permits.
- Jeff sends in an email about how he starts off his week with the GunDudes. He also sent in a picture with a room full of red shirts from Star Trek:TOS with the caption “The Walking Dead”.
- Richard J. sends in an email about how episode 212 should be our “boiling point” episode.
- Jessie sends in an email that he thinks there should be some kind of qualification to get a carry license. We disagree. We think training is important, and you should be trained. But self-defense is a Right, and Rights don’t have requirements people have to meet to be able to get them. We don’t get Rights from the Government.
- Tracy B. refers to episode 207 and Tommy talking about grabbing — what?!
- Duane writes in wondering why we don’t cover the 4-rules of gun safety. Good point! We’ll cover them now!
Four Rules of Gun Safety
- Always treat every gun as if it is loaded!
- Never point a gun at anything that you’re not willing to kill or destroy!
- Keep your finger off the trigger until you are on-target and ready to shoot.
- Identify your target, what is in front of it and what is beyond it.
- Join the NRA, if you’re already a member, contribute to NRA-ILA
- Make sure you’re registered to vote
- Make sure you vote
- Talk to your friends about voting
- Listen to other Gun Rights radio shows
- Take someone shooting
Stuff we mentioned
- “The cone of shame!”, Up!
- Theme music from Cobra
- Edelweiss music from The Sound of Music
- “I’m good enough, I’m start enough, and doggone it, people like me!”, Stuart Smalley
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- Your Own Private Idaho, the B52′s