This week’s show is a longer one but we were having a fun time with our guest the author of the new series of books published by Prepper Press, Glen Tate. We also learn that there is no such thing as a .210 Shotgun.
What we did with guns this week
- Jason Christensen of Concealment Solutions talks about his “new to him” Sig .357, some new night-sights, and holsters, of course!
- Stan looked at his AR-10
- Stan and Carl are stocking up powder, primers, and projectiles for reloading
- Joe (the Web Guy) and his wife paid a visit to the Concealment Solutions holster factory and had two Mamba’s made. Joe’s wife was so proud of her new holster, she posted a picture of it on BookFace
- Ft. Knox Gun Safes: it’s not just a safe, it’s “juicy” like a steak just off the grill
- Lone Wolf Dist.: they got a lot of cool stuff
- Concealment Solutions: raise your hand if you’ve got a Mamba on!
- Crusader Weaponry: Training, customization, really cool guns
- CRKT Knives: love that knife!
- Beacon Brass: if you’re looking at getting into reloading, you’re going to need brass
- Sent in by Patricia, a Houston home owner takes three shots at robbers after one of them makes a furtive movement toward his waistband
- Sent in by Amy, Kentucky home owner shoots intruder
- Drunk driving… a bulldozer?
- Interview with author, Glen Tate.
- Glen has broken his 3,200 page manuscript into ten books (that’s three-quarters of a million words, folks!).
- There’s a lot of story to tell and there are a lot of characters.
- The series has their own website: 299days.com
- Email: [email protected]
Help the Orem PD Get a New K9
- The Orem, Utah Police Department has recently had to put down one of their K9s because he had cancer.
- They are accepting donations to help replace this fallen officer.
- For every holster order that Concealment Solutions gets through the end of August 2012, Jason will donate $5 to the cause.
- If you place your order, rather than using your GunDudes discount code, and mention that you want to support the K9-Unit, Jason will double his donation.
- If you’d like to make your own donation, here’s the link to use: http://orem.org/k9donation
Discount Concealed Carry Class
- Jason writes in about the having a light on his Ruger SR9C. Jason recommends the Veridian X5L.
- Dave write in about a removable scope for his 10-22. He also brings up the possibility of liability on the part of the Aurora theater if they indeed had a “no-guns” sign posted, and did not effectively enforce it.
- Roger writes in that he’s concerned with the emphasis on training that he’s hearing, and is concerned that it might dissuade people from carrying — and could shift society down the slippery slope of requiring training before “allowing” carry or even gun ownership. We agree, but just like any tool, make sure you know how to use it, and any kind of training will only help.
- Brett writes in, and is in the market for his first inside-the-waistband holster for this Glock 19. He has some questions about various brands.
- Mark writes in about matched upper and lowers for the AR-15 for “better accuracy”. He says that’s just marketing. Stan has no empirical evidence to argue one way or the other. If all you can get is one or the other, get the lower. Go get it today.