What did we do with guns this week?
- Stan promises the official GunDudes t-shirt will come back… soon, and for the rest of your life.
- Stan and Carl put in time with their families rather than doing anything with guns.
- Steve got to play around with holsters.
- Eric Shelton (of the former Handgun Podcast) is engaged. To an actual girl. No, really!
- Our prayers and sympathies go out to the families and victims of the senseless violence that happened at the Colorado movie theater. We can’t help but point out that this tragedy took place in a “gun free zone”. We discuss the possible outcomes of what would happen in a similar situation if people in the crowd (intended victims) would have been armed. Even if the bad guy was wearing body armor, a couple on-target hits could have stopped the fight.
- Vic in Boulder, Colorado and Dave sent us a story about a 71-year-old Florida man stopped a robbery with his lawfully carried concealed firearm:
- Tim R. sends in a story from Flint, Michigan where a 66-year-old woman, facing a menacing intruder in her home, shot him once in the chest and in the arm. “I knew he was going to kill me,” she said.
- Misfire Award: several listeners send in this misfire award, where a robber’s mother stopped him from robbing the store by taking his gun away:
- This week Steve Koski helps us out again to avoid, as much as possible, our topic. Which ends up being about gun safety with your children.
- Want to criticism Carl? Send them in to [email protected]
- Tom Stewart wants Stan to drop $5k on a real “pretty” gun
- Miles G. can’t believe we missed the Schmidt-Rubin rifle as part of our “cheap rifles” segment from a few episodes ago
Calls to Action:
- Check out the Massad Ayoob Group
- Listen to some of the other shows on the Gun Rights Radio Network
- Join the NRA — especially now; if you’re already a member, please donate to the NRA-ILA so they can fight the U.N. Gun Ban Treaty
- Take somebody shooting
Songs and Movies we References
- “It isn’t armed robbery if the gun ain’t loaded”, Raising Arizona
- “You nob!”, Strange Brew
- various songs by Spinal Tap
- Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory