In this week’s episode…
- Tom, Carl, Joe, Jason from Concealment Solutions, Danny from Precision Target head up to Northern Utah to the Kaysville gun range. Tommy had some fun shooting Danny‘s “hostage taker” steel targets with .223 at 100-yards. Carl brought his .45 Colt “cowboy” gun and let a few that were there shoot it (which was lots of fun!). “Allen in Layton” was there, Joe’s wife showed him up both at short-range and long-range, and a few others came along for the fun!
- Stan has a birthday — but none of us know how old he is… not even Stan.
- Tom and Carl interview Danny from Precision Target.
- Stan got a $14 haircut.
News and Misfire Award:
- A North Carolina woman shoots man she has restraining order against when he tries to break in.
- A Florida woman fired two shots at an intruder who was breaking into her home.
- An 69-year-old Oregon man has been arrested for attempting to hide a gun in an airport planter box — so he could pick it up when he got back.
- Danny from Precision Target was with us at the Range Day and brought some of his awesome steel targets and stands for paper targets. Brad, one of our range officers, came to the shoot with two broken ankles. TWO! Ankles! Broken! Ouch!
- Precision Targets are modular and can be taken apart and loaded into your trunk.
- The most popular is a 3-in-1, which is a torso-shape with a hostage-taker that switches sides when hit and a chest plate that moves up and down, and breaks down into three pieces for easy transortation and storage.
- Plate racks, which fit in the trunk of Tommy’s CRV, that can be reset by pulling a cord (so you don’t have to wait for a clear range to reset the plates).
- Dueling trees.
- Gongs (Carl’s favorite).
- For more info check out PrecisionTarget.net
- Ryan says he’s started reloading for his WWII M1 carbine and has questions about brass-trimming. Stan’s trimmer cuts his brass “prizzact”. Tommy uses the Lee zip trimmer.
- Amy sent in an email about Red Shirts, a book about those “expendable ensigns” and the stories from their perspective.
- Shawn Miller share a comment about his road trip to South Carolina, and his wife who let him listen to the GunDudes in the car.
- Joshua says “‘sup Dudes” and used a city buyback program to sell old, broken guns then use the money to buy new guns and ammo for an NRA sponsored shooting camp. He also recently purchased a Ruger SR1911.
- Mech Engineer tells us about prepping for the Zombie Apocalypse by running a race over hills, wade through pools of blood, duck under electrified wires, and more — all while being chased by zombies.
- Rusty Williams says he was listening to Episode 204 on the way to listen Roger Waters perform The Wall. WAITING!
- Andrew Craig talks about Phineas and Ferb.
- Brett smiles about his submission of a previous misfire award. He’s working on an AR project, and is ordering a Mamba for his Glock 19.
- Ryan (again) says he was trying to catch up on his GunDudes backlog and calls Tommy out on the TT44, FS200, and the DD44 — and Tommy strikes back.
- Billy says, “Dear GunDudes, and by GunDudes I mean FireFly Fans” says how he watched FireFly and Serentiy, and comments that Jayne’s gun Vera is a work of art.
Calls to Action:
- Join the NRA: The Secretary of State is going to sign the U.N.’s Small Arms Treaty, which is a HUGE anti-gun treaty. If you haven’t joined the NRA yet, do it now. Now. Why are you still reading? Do it now.
- Take EVERYONE shooting