This week we talk about:
- Intro: We talk about what we did with guns this week. Stan sings for us some more (he does it “for the fans”)
- Sponsors: Ft. Knox Safes; Concealment Solutions holsters (please bother him by using GUNDUDES as a promo code to get some sweet discounts)
- News: Tennessee apartment dweller shots at would-be robbers (and we talk about making sure you know what’s beyond your target); Arizona homeowner (and off-duty LEO) shoots daytime intruder — in the head (Ouch! That’s going to leave a mark), Tommy puts in a plug for our upcoming MAG40 class
- Misfire Award: We attempt to sing the story — and fail miserably — where a guy steals a car, because his feet were tired, and it turns out to be a “bait car”
- Sponsors: Crusader Weaponry is offering $50-off to all GunDudes listeners who attend their Tactical Carbine course being held 6/24/2012; Lone Wolf Distributors; only two seats left in our upcoming MAG40 class!
- Links we mentioned: Anzio Ironworks
Topic: Cheap Shotguns (under $200)
- Carl talks about the break-open, single-shot (made by lots of people). It’s a nice one, very cheap/affordable, and very light, but it’s only a single-shot so you’ll need to get a side-saddle and practice with it.
- Travis hit up his relatives to see if they had any guns they weren’t using. His uncle had an old Sears pump-action shotgun that he hadn’t used in years. Now Travis has a new gun. Score!
- Tommy talks about his visits to the “basement” of SHOT Shot where he’s been able to find Turkish and Hungarian “knock-offs” of higher-end, name-brand shotguns.
- Stan waxes nostalgic and talks about when his dad bought a shotgun from the Reams Turtle Shell (a country-western store) for $88. Carl bailed him out and shared the Rossi Tuffy.
- Sponsors: Arms of America; CRKT Knives, use promo code GDUDE1 for an awesome discount!
- Dave R. asks about carrying his Glock 26 in his truck. He’s left-handed, what should be take into consideration?
- Richard J. sent us an email talking about what could be the precursors to a Zombie outbreak
- Jeff A. emailed us about Serpa holsters and how people who disengage the retention device “wrong” could result in a negligent discharge. Keep your finger flat when you draw out of your holster — or any holster. Doing so will put your finger indexed on the frame (and out of the trigger guard), which is where you want it. Practice!
- Christian, 13-years old, congratulates us on 200 episodes, and thanks us for mentioning his picture with Doug from Fort Knox Safes at the NRA Convention.
- George H. sent in a really long email about how he listened until we started ripping on Canada. He listened to Canadian Reload Radio and was surprised when he heard us on their show! Afterwards he realized our “ripping” was friendly. Then asks us what caliber he should focus on when building his collection.
Movies we quoted from:
- Join the NRA!
- After that, join the Second Amendment Foundation.
- Take someone shooting.