Topic: 299 Days Annoucement
Awesome quotes from this episode
- “Let’s be honest, Stan’s been asleep for a few years.”
- “Well, she married me, so she’s got to be ‘nice’.”
- “I just had an eppie-fanny.”
- “Dang it! I can’t even swear right!”
- “There are a lot of people who don’t like to read, or like Carl, don’t know how to read.”
- “Now I’m slightly bitter.”
- “Hey, we’re all Republicans inside.”
What we did with guns these last two weeks
- Jason Christensen bought a new gun, a Springfield XDS 4.0. He also got a new blue gun: Boberg XR9L.
- Mark Houskeeper and Carl went hunting this morning — with birds, not guns. He’s also excited about the Friends of the NRA banquet that we talked about in our last episode.
- Carl did some stuff, too.
- Nick Moyes was elected State and County delegate for Saratoga Springs 03 at his Neighborhood Caucus Elections (Utah’s grass-roots political system).
- Joe the Web Guy™ was elected as a State Delegate (SY08) at his Neighborhood Caucus Elections (Utah’s grass-roots political system), he’s also a Leg Vice Chair (LEG 15), and County Delegate (SY08).
- Ft. Knox Gun Safes: you’ve got to protect your guns — and your family. Get a Ft. Knox Gun Safe! Call Doug, tell him GunDudes sent ya. You can’t burn this!
- Sport Ear: the most perfect and customized hearing defense that your body will ever need.
- GunFacts.Info: a woman is approximately 10 times more likely to be raped when she doesn’t have a gun, according to a Department of Justice study. What other Gun Facts is the media hiding from you?
- United States Concealed Carry Association
- Lone Wolf Distributors: if you’ve got a Glock, you need to be friends with these guys!
- Concealment Solutions Holsters: get a discount by mentioning GUNDUDES with your order. Get a holster!
- MagHolder.com: you need to carry extra magazines, and there’s no more comfortable way to do it than with a MagHolder.
- Massad Ayoob Group: GunDudes will be hosting a MAG40 class, September 10th through 14th, 2014. Sign up now!
- Utah Gun Exchange
- Crusader Weaponry: Proud makers of Slipstream, the super-lubricant which soaks into your gun — now available from Amazon.com!
- Gun Rights Network: Protecting Liberty, one person at a time™.
- Good Guys with Guns™: Tired of all the stories about bad guys using guns in the news? This app chronicles True Stories of Self-Defense™ collected from several sources! If you don’t have a smartphone you can check out the website instead.
- GunDudes app: Listen to our show on your smartphone, and support Joe the Web Guy™ in the process!
- Gun Rights Network app: All your favorite GRN shows in one convenient app!
Guns in the News
- Jeremy sent in a story where a man was shot and killed while breaking into and robbing a residence.
- Paul (and a bunch of other people) sent in a story where police were called by a tree-trimming service when they saw a shirtless man with what looked like a pistol tucked into his pants. It was a tattoo. “I wonder where he’s got his Magholder tattoo.”
Emails, Facebook Questions, & Other Stuff
- Darrin wrote in to tell us that he’s listened to every episode, and has figured out how to be the perfect GunDude.
- Jim wrote in with a story about an Illinois concealed carry story… that you have to hear to believe.
- Darrin wrote in about military surplus rifles.
- Jeff wrote in asking about trigger pulls on the Mosin Nagant.
- Marc asks us about the Mario Brother’s 1-up alert from episode 279. We’re still looking into it.
Calls to Action
- Join the NRA: Sign up here and support your local GunDudes!
- Donate to the NRA-ILA
- Join SAF and GOA
- Join your local pro-gun organization, in Utah that’s Utah Sports Shooting Council
- MAG40: GET TRAINED!
- Call the national Senate switchboard and voice your opinion at +1-202-224-3121 or use the Ruger website to email your legislators
- Tell all your friends about GunDudes.com and listen to some of the shows on the Gun Rights Network
- And, when was the last time you took someone shooting?
Join the Conversation
Powered by Google+ Comments