GunDudes Episode 281: 2014 Shot Show
Topic: 2014 Shot Show
- This week we get a report from Nick Moyes of Utah Gun Exchange about the 2014 Shot Show in Vegas — and it doesn’t stay in Vegas.
- Kriss pistols.
- Glock 42 in .380.
- Glock 41, long-slide in .45 ACP.
- Armalite .308.
- Liberty Ammunition: use coupon code “Happy2014” before the end of the month to get 15% off.
- … and so much more!
Awesome quotes from this episode
- “Stop spooning!”
- Stan’s wife: “Oh great, I’m getting gun gifts now.”
- “You made him a bench, too?!”
- “You know, it’s growin’ on me.”
- “How to pick up women — or shemales — at Shot Show.”
- “They’re just a hoot to shoot! … But that that with a grain of salt because I am a Glock fan boy.”
- “I am a flashlight junkie.”
What we did with guns this week
- Tommy is looking at what modifications he’s going to make to his CZ, and he’s been watching a LOT of YouTube videos on the new guns announced at 2014 Shot Show.
- Steve has a confession about his powder bar on his reloading rig, and he applied the same mistake to Carl’s.
- Stan bought a couple bug-out bags from LA Police Gear for himself and his wife, and some 2-round magazine extensions. She’s not too thrilled about it: “Oh great, I’m getting gun gifts now.”
- Carl got someone new into reloading.
- Nick’s website crashed — for three days! But now, after a ton of money, a server move, and a bunch of chaos, it’s back and faster than ever! He’s also got WashingtonGunExchange.com up and running! Woot! And, went to 2014 Shot Show.
- Ft. Knox Gun Safes: pictures of Carl and Stan were at 2014 Shot Show at the Ft. Knox Gun Safes booth!
- Massad Ayoob Group: GunDudes will be hosting yet another MAG40 class, September 10th through 14th, 2014.
- Sport Ear: you need hearing protection? You need Sport Ear! Check out their now product Ghost Strike! Type in Nick15 to get 15% off at checkout!
- GunFacts.Info: a woman is approximately 10 times more likely to be raped when she doesn’t have a gun, according to a Department of Justice study. What other Gun Facts is the media hiding from you?
- Tec Shield Elite: it’s like a technical shield to prevent your gun from getting dirty.
- MagHolder.com: it’s a super-comfortable horizontal mag pouch. Now you have no excuse not to carry a spare magazine! Use coupon code “HowDeepIsYourLove” just for fun… or “GunDudes” to get some extra off your order.
- Lone Wolf Distributors: if you’ve got a Glock, you need to be friends with these guys!
- Crusader Weaponry: Proud makers of Slipstream, the super-lubricant which soaks into your gun — now available from Amazon.com!
- Concealment Solutions Holsters
- United States Concealed Carry Association
- Utah Gun Exchange
- Gun Rights Radio Network app: All your favorite GRRN shows in one convenient app!
- Good Guys with Guns™: Tired of all the stories about bad guys using guns in the news? This app chronicles True Stories of Self-Defense™ collected from several sources! If you don’t have a smartphone you can check out the website instead.
- GunDudes app: Listen to our show on your smartphone, and support Joe the Web Guy™ in the process!
Guns in the News
- Darrin sent in a story about a story from a Dollar General store in Dallas County where an robber started taking the patrons into the breakroom. One customer drew his own sidearm, fired one shot, and stopped the armed robbery. A Good Guy with a Gun was the hero — go figure.
- Brian sent in a story from overseas. BBC news reported a story from India about a gun designed for Indian women. It’s a .32 and was named after a student who was gang-raped and later died from her injuries. The BBC says it’s an “insult to the memory of the victim”. Apparently the BBC would rather have women be raped than be able to effectively defend themselves.
- Joe in New York sent in a misfire candidate. Stan apologized for the GunDudes hijacking his misfire award from last week. This week he sent in a story about a felon who was arrested after having been seen shooting two rifles on the TV show Doomsday Preppers. Felons can’t possess firearms. Not only that, he said his rifles were for robbing his neighbors in a disaster scenario.
Emails & Other Stuff
- We ran pretty long (so much 2014 Shot Show goodness!), so we’ll get back to your emails in our next episode.
Calls to Action
- Join the NRA: Sign up here and support your local GunDudes!
- Donate to the NRA-ILA
- Join SAF and GOA
- Join your local pro-gun organization, in Utah that’s Utah Sports Shooting Council
- MAG40: GET TRAINED!
- Call the national Senate switchboard and voice your opinion at +1-202-224-3121 or use the Ruger website to email your legislators
- Tell all your friends about GunDudes.com and listen to some of the other pro-gun podcasts
- And, when was the last time you took someone shooting?
Books we like